[nycphp-talk] sun and mysql acquisition for non-enterprise users

Susan Shemin susan_shemin at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 15:49:23 EDT 2008

A ZDNet newsletter today announced, "Sun introduced immediate availability of 7X24 year round global, enterprise-class database subscriptions and services for the entire MySQL product line."

I am wondering if with Sun's emphasis on enterprise-class DB, will there be changes for the non-enterprise users?  Or will there always be open-sourced MySQL available for us non-enterprise users with our "measly" shared, web host accounts?

Susan