[nycphp-talk] CMS - Estimating Hours

BAS lists at nopersonal.info
Thu Mar 27 16:09:49 EDT 2008

André Pitanga wrote:
> I unfortunately made that mistake once when I was starting to freelance.
> It quickly got really bad...
> Now I don't miss an opportunity to pass on this warning to others in
> case it may save someone the headache. :-)

I always try to pass along the warning too. When I was freelancing,
detailed proposals accompanied by very specific contracts saved me on
more than one occasion.

Only once did someone out & out try to cheat me, but there were plenty
of times that clients "forgot" what the scope of a project entailed.
Having a signed acceptance of proposal & contract on hand immediately
silenced any disagreements. ;-)

Regards,
Bev