[nycphp-talk] Trapping JS errors in function called onSubmit

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Tue May 6 17:59:50 EDT 2008

Hi everyone --

I'm trying to build out a validation routine for my input forms and
found something that I like/find easy to extend.  I added it as an
external script to my test page.  I tested to make sure all the
subfunctions were being called by inserting alert boxes and they are
being called.  Unfortunately, the routine is not picking up my
empty/non valid fields and instead appears to be just returning "true"
and submitting the form.

It's hard for me to trap the errors because of the fact the function is
called on submit.  Anyone have any tips or tricks to help me figure out
why this isn't working?  I'm ashamed to admit it's been awhile since
I've really done anything serious with JavaScript, and seem to be a bit
rusty here.

Also just wanted to let everyone know that our migration to Linux
server was successful and we have finally gotten the mail() function
working reliably -- apparently this hosting co has some special
requirements for syntax which they finally shared with us.

--Kristina