[nycphp-talk] Apache Mod-Proxy Access Control

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri May 30 13:16:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Joe Leo <joeleo724 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Wanted to see if you can help me implement the mod-rewrite and/or the
> pre-pend script you mentioned below. I'm starting to read up on using
> mod-rewrite and it seems it could take a bit of time to master it. I am
> hoping to get a sample setup that would work for me. Thanks!
>
> Joe

Your situation isn't something that I've done before, so I can't
really help you other than pointing you in the (hopefully) right
direction. Don't be scared of mod_rewrite, there are plenty of people
on this list and elsewhere that can answer questions.

I forgot that Apache's mod_proxy is too dumb to rewrite the links.
There is a Free module called mod_proxy_html that will:
http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/

If you can use that instead of the default mod_proxy it will make
things much easier, because then the internal servers can stay hidden.
At that point, you could even configure them to only answer to www.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/