[nycphp-talk] preg_match and pattern matching

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Sat Nov 22 09:24:57 EST 2008

Hello and Greetings,

I have just been reviewing a script that says its a PHP firewall. It
is using an array with 250 elements that are all basically subsets of
code and injections that hackers use to break into sites. I could
easily take this array and create a preg_match test but was wondering
at what point pattern matching gets unmanageable or impractical. This
script looks a lot like .htaccess using mod rewrite to block badguys.

I would appreciates some feedback on this, what is the rest of the
world using to block or intercept bad guy injection attacks?

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                          mailto:mikesz at qualityadvantages.com