[nycphp-talk] Determine if your site has been defaced

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Wed Oct 8 16:53:33 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 16:39, Dan Cech wrote:
> Jeff Siegel wrote:
> > Anyone know of a PHP script that can be run from a cron and which can
> > check whether a website has been defaced?
>
> cURL + preg would do the trick I'd imagine.

interesting :) but yeah PHP is not needed.

also md5/sha1 might do the trick, combined with curl

GOODHASH=399257fc956120012baf094ffd7eed9b; \
HASH=`curl -s www.yoursite.com | md5sum`; \
if [ "$HASH" != "$GOODHASH" ]; then mail -s "uh-oh" you at yoursite.com; fi

where you first get the value of "GOODHASH" with the same command as in HASH
above.

enjoy,
Sam