[nycphp-talk] Need some understanding about a hacker attack...

Brian Williams brianw1975 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 23:13:01 EDT 2008

Mike,

Yeah, I've ran into hosts like that before.  As soon as they refuse to
accept even the remote possibility that they are at fault it's time to move
on, especially when it comes to a hack to that extent.

Did they even offer any logs that you could review so you could "fix your
software" (since they say that's at fault) ?

If you are ok with being a sys admin and ~25$ a month isn't too much, I
recommend getting a VPS through knownhost.com  I've been dealing with them
for about 2 years now and have never had a problem last longer than an hour,
and that was only one time.

You'll have dedicated IP addresses, dedicated mail server, dedicated DNS,
and just about anything else you want to install.  The biggest up side is no
chance of getting labeled as spam, or being at the mercy of someone elses
whims, you'll have complete control over php settings and apache configs,
and you'll be able to host however many domains,subdomains, etc you want.

No, I'm not affiliated with them, nor employed by them, I just a *very*
satisfied customer.  I originally started at the $20/month plan and have
since then upgraded twice.

Good luck