[nycphp-talk] Newbie books

Corey H Maass - gelform.com corey at gelform.com
Mon Oct 13 13:38:25 EDT 2008

Hey, all. I wanted to introduce myself. I'm an experienced programmer
(remember ASP, before dont net?) with little formal training, so often
referred to as a hacker. I'm a professional Front End Dev - XHTML, CSS,
JS - now tackling PHP and loving it. A couple coworkers recommended this
list, so I'll be eavesdropping.

I'm looking to go thru a book or two and need some help. I know all
about loops, conditional statements, and the basics of programming. I
understand the concepts behind OOP, but have limited experience with
actually using it. I immediately grasped the basics of the PHP syntax
but am starting to balk at the double colon meaning a static class and
the single vs double arrow... So I guess I'm looking for something
intermediate, and wondering if anyone can make a suggestions?

Thanks,

Corey

//
Corey H Maass
Gelform Design
Brooklyn, NY
Print and web design for art and business

em corey at gelform.com
ww http://www.gelform.com
ph 646/228.5048
fx 866/502.4861