[nycphp-talk] Newbie books

Corey H Maass - gelform.com corey at gelform.com
Mon Oct 13 16:03:33 EDT 2008

> Just out of curosity, do you disagree with the syntax of static
> function, or just not understand their purpose? Can you suggest a
> syntax you would prefer? The syntax btw is taken from C++. It is
> obtuse on one hand, but on the other hand its immediatly clear your
> calling a static function for a class and not a member function of an
> object.

Oh, I don't disagree with the syntax, I was just saying I'd reached the
end of what I could figure out myself, and needed some help. The problem
I've run into is that my knowledge carries me to the last third of most
PHP intro books I've looked at. Hardly seems worth the money.

Corey

//
Corey H Maass
Gelform Design
Brooklyn, NY
Print and web design for art and business

em corey at gelform.com
ww http://www.gelform.com
ph 646/228.5048
fx 866/502.4861