[nycphp-talk] [OT] - Politics.com

Steve Manes smanes at magpie.com
Wed Oct 22 16:11:53 EDT 2008

Joseph Crawford wrote:
> There is one minor annoyance for me and I have spoken up about it.
>
> While you are on the site in order to get to the detail page you have to
> click on the part of the article where it says '0 comments' you cannot
> click on the title or body of the article as it will just take you to
> the actual source of the article.

One other minor annoyance, and I don't mean to pick because I have this
problem with a lot of sites that require double-opt.  But it's something
that a lot of site developers seem to overlook: ya gotta register that
outbound STMP server in DNS:

Oct 22 16:08:14 jack postfix/smtpd[93665]: connect from
unknown[208.91.206.42]
Oct 22 16:08:14 jack postfix/smtpd[93665]: NOQUEUE: reject: CONNECT from
unknown[208.91.206.42]: 554 5.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your
hostname, [208.91.206.42]; proto=SMTP
Oct 22 16:08:14 jack postfix/smtpd[93665]: disconnect from
unknown[208.91.206.42]

Mail servers like mine that do reverse DNS lookups to prevent spamming
will reject inbound mail from unknown hosts.