[nycphp-talk] Php Debugger

Adrian Noland anoland at indigente.net
Tue Sep 2 08:29:59 EDT 2008

Xdebug is my personal favorite. xdebug.org.
-- installs as a php module, works about the same on Linux and Windows.
The venerable dbg started it all. http://dd.cron.ru/dbg/
-- can be a pain to use. Have to purchase to get latest fixes, but works for
most   cases.

In order to see the debugging info you need an IDE.
I've used both PDT and Eclipse with phpEclipse. All the Java Dev stuff
makes it pretty bloated, but most of that can be removed or disabled.
Recommend at least 2GB RAM.
Komodo is also a good one. Not Free (or free)
http://activestate.com/Products/komodo_ide/index.mhtml

I tried the trial of Zend Studio once. Didn't like it because the server
component requires lots more than just debugging modules.

There's more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP_IDE