[nycphp-talk] Cloud Hosting Recommendations for Linux/Apache/PHP

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:31:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Jake McGraw <jmcgraw1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Randal Rust <randalrust at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any recommendations or advice regarding a cloud
>> hosting solution?
>>

> Check out this article about Heavy.com switching to Amazon EC2:
>
> http://www.mikebrittain.com/blog/2008/07/19/web-hosting-on-ec2/
>
> - jake

I second the EC2 recommendation, especially now that they have added
persistent storage.

Be prepared for a short learning curve as you get to know the
ins-and-outs of building your own images. You will definitely want to
experiment a bit to get a feel for the service and then plan out a
local administration and monitoring infrastructure before going full
steam ahead.