[nycphp-talk] Search function

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:46:34 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 6:30 PM, (Margaret) Michele Waldman
<mmwaldman at optonline.net> wrote:
> Googles annual pricing for using their function is:
>
> Number of web pages  Search Query Limit (annual)  Pricing (annual)
> Up to 5,000 250,000  $100
> 5,001 - 50,000  250,000  $500
> 50,001 - 100,000  500,000  $850
> 100,001 - 300,000  500,000  $2,250
>> 300,000 > 500,000  Contact sales.
>
> Is everyone in agreement?

Yes and no.  Google does offer a free version... I think it is called
something like custom search.  The drawback to the free version is
that your content must already be in Google's index for it to work and
they will show ads along with the results.  The paid version has the
advantage that they will crawl your site even if the content doesn't
make the main search index.

Regards,
John