[nycphp-talk] php script timeout not working

Corey H Maass - gelform.com corey at gelform.com
Mon Apr 6 10:53:50 EDT 2009

Thanks, Rob. I looked at that for a minute cos it seems like the best
option, but I'm using the Zend framework, where it would be a pain to
break the code out to be an executable script. Plus I want to be able to
call it from a URL.

Corey

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:51:44 -0400, "Rob Marscher"
<rmarscher at beaffinitive.com> said:
> Corey,
> Are you on a unix based machine?  Is that script really local?
>
> Try
> shell_exec('/path/to/s3uploader.php &');
> instead of fopen.
>
> The ampersand will get it to return without waiting for the upload
> script to finish.
>
> On Apr 5, 2009, at 6:16 PM, Daniel Convissor
> <danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
>  > wrote:
>
> > Hi Corey:
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 04:28:20PM -0400, Corey H Maass -
> > gelform.com wrote:
> >>
> >> set_time_limit(1);
> >
> > set_time_limit() works for your PHP code.  Streams, in a way, are
> > outside
> > your PHP code.
> >

> >> $handle = fopen("http://localhost/s3uploader.php", "r");
> >> stream_set_timeout($handle, 1);
> >>
> >> But neither timeout is working - it sits and spins while the upload
> >> takes place. Any ideas?
> >
> > That's not working because you're opening and reading the file
> > directly.
> > The timeout setting has no effect because you haven't gotten to that
> > line
> > yet
> >
> > Two options.  Use fsockopen() instead of fopen(), see the
> > stream_set_timeout() documentation for examples.  Or use
> > ini_set('default_socket_timeout', 1) before you call fopen().
> >
> > --Dan
> >
> > --
> > T H E   A N A L Y S I S   A N D   S O L U T I O N S   C O M P A N Y
> >            data intensive web and database programming
> >                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
> > 4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335 f: 718-854-0409

//
Corey H Maass
Gelform Design
Brooklyn, NY
Web design and development for art and business

em corey at gelform.com
ww http://www.gelform.com
ph 646/228.5048
fx 866/502.4861