[nycphp-talk] Facebook's LAMP Stack

Brian D. brian at realm3.com
Wed Apr 22 17:18:16 EDT 2009

I know I'm late on this, but I finally got around to watching it and
found it pretty fascinating.

Agarwal mentions how including PHP files has a linear effect on
execution time. He also mentioned that PHP tends to become difficult
to manage when a project becomes really large. One of the ways that
developers tend to organize things would be distributing logic into
different files (most major frameworks are a good example of this) and
when you do that you start to take a performance hit. I wonder how
developers usually overcome that conundrum.

Interesting video, though, thanks for sharing.

- Brian

realm3 web applications [realm3.com]
Information architecture, application development.
phone: (917) 512-3594
fax: (440) 744-3559