[nycphp-talk] LEMP?

oorza2k5 at gmail.com oorza2k5 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 02:10:26 EDT 2009

Hey, all, new to the mailing list (really, the first email I've sent :D).

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using the EMP (nginx, mysql,
php) instead of the AMP stack, specifically using php-fpm as a process
manager?

I've read some pretty impressive benchmarks:
http://www.yawn.it/2008/04/30/nginx-php-php-fpm-on-debian-etch-40/ and
recently got it compiled and have been playing with it. It seems great, but
I was wondering if there were any suggestions, warnings, weird behaviors,
etc. that I should be aware of. To date, I've only noticed one thing,
namely that $_SERVER['HTTPS'] isn't set when using SSL (easy enough to
workaround) but do I need to keep my eye out for anything else?