[nycphp-talk] Help with a CakePHP View

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:13:40 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Daniel Convissor
<danielc at analysisandsolutions.com> wrote:

> So chances are the data inside the table is the problem, not the query.
> Do a very careful comparison of a record that works vs one that doesn't.

Yeah, already did that too. I even modified the *broken* record to see
if I could get it to work. No luck.

> A possibility is that the query is doing an (inner) JOIN rather than a
> (outer) LEFT JOIN and there's no matching record in the joined table?

That is what I thought as well, but I haven't been able to find any such issue.

> Have you put a debug statement inside the framework at the point just
> before the query is actually sent to the database

That's what I need, but I've had a heck of a time figuring out just
where that is.

The big problem here is that the person that wrote it didn't break out
the models for the data appropriately. There is one Admin model that
handles several different types of data, and I'm fairly certain
something is getting crossed up because of this approach.

The truth is, I could rebuild this thing in my own CMS in about a day,
but I wanted to keep it as is if possible. Again, this should not be
that hard to figure out.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications