[nycphp-talk] Java provides???

Cristian Baltatescu cbaltatescu at greenvision.ro
Fri Aug 14 17:29:44 EDT 2009

I don't understand, are you referring to the language itself (cos i find it
a bit weird) or to the nice things you can do it, using the whole platform
actually?I mean its very rewarding to create something that responds to
touch and other stuff on a device like the iphone, but i'm not sure how much
of that comes from objC as a language.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Edward Potter <edwardpotter at gmail.com>wrote:

> After spending 10 years with Java, I jumped into ObjC on the iPhone/Mac
> platform.  I think it just blows Java away. Really makes programming Fun
> again.  Give it a try.  You may be AMAZED at how good ObjC is.
>

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
>>
>> > This didn't indicate to me that this was the best environment, but one
>> > that required enough effort to get comfortable in to be restricting.
>> > Take the jimi hendrix keyboards away, or take emacs away, and these
>> > dudes were in a heap o' hurt 'n' pain!
>>
>> You could say that about any tool though.
>>
>> > I wonder if our strong opinions on environments are more driven by
>> > comfort than actual features and whatnot?
>>
>> As I said earlier, everyone uses what they're comfortable with. There is
>> no 'right' way as long as you're productive and get the job done.
>>

>> --
>> Aj.

>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
>>

> --