[nycphp-talk] Dynamically Add Links to Text

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:04:28 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Hall, Leam<lhall at smartronix.com> wrote:

> Would it work to have key phrases tied to data stores? That way you could
> link to it and get all the articles on Valley Forge just by updating the
> datastore?

In the current version of the system, that is what we do. Users can
create a list of 'related entries' in one of two ways:

1. Enter a string, like 'washington' and search all of the entries.
This returns a list of all entries that contain the string and the
user can check a box and save the selected records to the list of
related entries.

2. The user can have the system auto-generate the list of related
entries, based on the title. So if the title of the entry is 'George
Washington' the system returns a list of all entries that contain that
string. Then they can pick the ones they want to add to the list.

I suppose that we could make it a lot easier on the system by simply
using the titles of the entries that end up in the related entries
list.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications