[nycphp-talk] Short Tags deprecated?

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:50:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Eddie Drapkin<oorza2k5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's snippets like these, imho, that justify the deprecation/removal
> of short open tags.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd much rather type
<?=$somevar?> than <?php echo $somevar;?>.

It all comes down to what you're used to. If you use php as a template
language, short tags are an incredibly useful and valuable feature. If
you don't, you probably think "ugh, that doesn't look like php."

On the other hand, if I ever have to hack the php source to enable
short tags, I'll change them to [; and ;] so I can stop wearing down
my pinkie on the shift key.