[nycphp-talk] Need help understanding NULL

Kristina D. H. Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sat Aug 29 16:57:06 EDT 2009

David,

Thanks for this, and I can't cut & paste and quote you because your
email got encoded by my webmail.

You're right that in PHP most of the comparison operators won't treat
an empty string and NULL pulled out of a database as the same.  I'm
thinking back on a long history of using many languages and have to say
that without sitting down and testing it out, I couldn't offhand make a
list of what the behavior would be with, say, = vs == vs the new === in
PHP5.

Look forward to hearing more stuff!

Kristina