[nycphp-talk] naming identifiers

Kristina D. H. Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sun Aug 30 09:20:05 EDT 2009

Bev,

phpMyAdmin often puts those funny sideways leaning apostrophes/quotes --
 ` -- around table names and field names when it writes its queries.
You want to remove those before you create or change any table or field
names, I think is what he means in practical terms.  That way you will
get errors on reserved words.

Also you can try to avoid your own confusion by giving longer, more
detailed names to fields.  Some people hate this idea but to me a
little extra typing is worth the clarity.

Kristina