[nycphp-talk] Need help understanding NULL

Andy Dirnberger dirn at dirnonline.com
Sun Aug 30 10:43:25 EDT 2009

> Dan, you're referring to the filter output part of the "validate input,
> filter output" mantra I've memorized, right? Just checking...

I believe he's referring to server-side validation ("validate input").
 Earlier Kristina said "you'll want to use a combination of
client-side (form) validation and good database design."  While
client-side validation is nice for the user (they don't have to wait
for the page to reload), using client-side validation doesn't replace
the need to validation the data once it gets back to the server.