[nycphp-talk] Need help understanding NULL

lists at nopersonal.info lists at nopersonal.info
Sun Aug 30 11:44:11 EDT 2009

> tedd wrote:
>> While you don't validate client-side, you certainly can confirm and
>> therein lies it's usefulness.
>>
>> Take this for example:
>>
>> http://webbytedd.com/c/form-calc/
>>
>> That would be a nightmare to handle just with php. Every tool has it's job.

I agree. I didn't mean to imply that I refuse to use it or that I would
disregard it even when it's the best option, I just try to avoid it as
much as possible.

For example, I use it to generate an "are you sure...?" alert when
someone wants to delete a database record, for certain menus &
slideshows, rollovers, to get the size of a user's browser window,
display local time, etc.

PHP has helped me understand it a little better, and I've recently
gotten some books on DOM scripting & Ajax because I'm well aware that
simply disliking something doesn't mean I'm not going to have to deal
with it if I intend to continue doing what I'm doing. But it doesn't
mean I have to like it.  ;)

Bev