[nycphp-talk] Returning DB results as XML or JSON?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:47:42 EST 2009

Just wanted to add in there that you could use MongoDB instead of
MySQL, which gives you additional opportunities to do stuff like real
time analytics and live in a SQL-free world.

Documents are stored in a binary JSON format, so there's no conversion
needed. You could almost look at your PHP scripts as a simple REST
interface to MongoDB, which would scale very gracefully and be very
quick to prototype.

-- Mitch