[nycphp-talk] Httpd

Michele Waldman mmwaldman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 2 14:48:27 EST 2009

I want to check the Authorization header for the realm.  Can't do that with
Basic Authentication, because realm is not defined in that case.

There is one that authenticates against mysql.  It's called mod_auth_mysql.
But, it uses Basic authentication, which is insufficient.

Hacking the mod_auth_digest module was a simple process.  I simply switch
the actual user and password verification from the file to the database.
Who knows.  Maybe, it will be a new trend.  :-)  I left all of the nce stuff
in place.  But I can not get it to link to the standard library crypt for
some reason.  This is the biggest compilation problem I've ever had.  I've
tried everything I could think of, except apr_password_validate(sent_pw,
real_pw) instead of crypt.  Duh.  That should work.

I do use PHP_AUTH_USER for some stuff, just not this.  The site is a combo
of php, mysql, javascript, html, css and htaccess.

Plus, I'm dying to see if my modifications will fly.  If it works, it will
be pretty nifty.

I'm going to try that function now.

Michele