[nycphp-talk] IE Bug, con't

Michele Waldman mmwaldman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 19:52:00 EST 2009

Safari doesn't even set the digest realm for subsequent page calls in the
domain.

Opera doesn't appear to have implemented digest.

This would be such a clean, simple security implementation.  It would be
sweet if they get the bugs out and all implement it the same way.

Shouldn't it be one protocol for communicating with the server?  Or is it
just me?

If I have any input when there are two realms defined for the same domain it
would switch to the new realm after log in.  This is a key point.

Seriously, this design is simple and easy to implement for account security.
Only problem is is that the browsers don't work or work the same.

If anyone has any influence on this matter, please, tell them they need to
fix digest.

I don't know how I'm going to handle this or what I'm going to tell my
client.  "It's not my program.  It's the browsers"?

Michele