[nycphp-talk] Link to PHP article in InformationWeek

Brian Williams brianw1975 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 22:40:33 EST 2009

I don't know if you've ever worked with an AS/400 (I did in some college
classes back in 98 - 00 with COBOL and RPG) it's very powerful and in use by
a LOT of government/industrial companies -- as the article states. The
Series i replaces the AS/400 (side-note:Zend has offered Series i downloads
for a while now, at least for its IDE) and at the risk of sounding like a
little fanboy... this is fantastic news for PHP and PHP programmers over
all.

People with COBOL/RPG and PHP experience will be able to pull in a
*nice*paycheck converting programs or building web-based front-ends to
interface
with those programs.

better start exercising program logic muscles again...