[nycphp-talk] Recycling of ini files

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sun Feb 15 08:27:33 EST 2009

Hello!

Yesterday I applied patches and upgrades to my servers (Apache, MySQL, PHP)
and while that worked out nicely except that I yet again have to recreate all
the MySQL user accounts (in my case it is only a few, so I will survive) I
wondered about the following:
Can I recycle the ini/conf files for Apache and PHP going from version to
version? I use Apache 2.x and PHP 5.x and the updates I put in were just dot
releases, but since I spent endless hours tweaking especially the php.ini I
wonder if it is OK to just keep using it. Any opinions?

David