[nycphp-talk] Social Networks and the Technology They Love

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Tue Feb 17 14:05:13 EST 2009

Hello,

An interesting report was created by pingdom.com about the uptime of the
major social networks.

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/02/17/facebook-myspace-lead
-in-social-uptime/

The PDF is interesting, although they fail to include the technologies in
use.  So, with some snooping around and netcraft, I came up with the list
below.

In some cases, there's an apparent mix right off the bat.  There may be
other mixes of technology, but I didn't go much deeper than the homepage of
each site.

Those marked with ??? were hard to pin down exactly what they were using.
Any thoughts/feedback would be welcomed.

facebook.com		PHP/Apache
myspace.com			ASP/IIS
linkedin.com		Java/Sun-One	???
twitter.com			RoR/Apache
friendster.com		PHP/Apache
livejournal.com		???
orkut.com			ASP/Python/GFE
bebo.com			JSP/Resin
hi5.com			Apache/Java		???
live.com			ASP/IIS
last.fm:			Java/Apache		???
classmates.com:		JSP/Resin
reunion.com:		JSP/Apache		???
xanga.com:			ASP/IIS		???
imeem.com:			ASP/IIS		??? - netcraft says lighttpd

---
Hans Zaunere / Managing Member / New York PHP
      www.nyphp.org  /  www.nyphp.com