[nycphp-talk] PHP and Flex

Daniel Max Kestin danielmax at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:39:53 EST 2009

I've had success using the amfphp system.  Have not tried Zend's.  Either
way, you can definitely use just amf communication - without using the rest
of a huge mvc package.

Check out http://amfphp.org/

These websites were very helpful to me in figuring out the configuration:
http://www.howtoforge.com/amfphp_adobe_flex2_sdk
http://viconflex.blogspot.com/2007/04/mapping-vos-from-flex-to-php-using.html

The main reason I'm sticking with amfphp is because of their amf service
browser - which makes debugging VERY easy.

Unlike one of the other posters, I've had no trouble debugging amf objects
at all.  I never had reason to try and look at the binary content... I put
break-points in the flex builder to see what objects look like in the
debugger when they come over from PHP - and I put error_log()-type
statements in the php code to see what data looks like coming over from
Flex.

All in all, I've found amf to be very easy to work with.
Good luck!

--Daniel