[nycphp-talk] Parse HTML Files as PHP

Greg Rundlett greg_rundlett at harvard.edu
Sun Feb 22 15:04:55 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Peter Sawczynec wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any comment on this strategy pro or con?
>
> Not good for performance or scalability.

Why exactly?  mod_php is both performant and scalable.

> A PHP framework with routing
> should allow you use URLs with .html at the end without resorting to
> changing Apache's behavior.

You're saying that  complex framework is a better solution than a
configuration one-liner.  Why?

I've used this technique successfully before when converting a series
of websites with tens of thousands of flat html files into my own
custom CMS under the covers.

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing