[nycphp-talk] array in object

Rick Retzko rick at click-rick.net
Wed Jan 21 20:24:19 EST 2009

Hi Folks -

This should be simple, but I haven't been able to debug it on my own, so I'm
asking for help.

I'm walking through a user's webform submission that I've put into an object
and comparing each of that object's properties with the current properties
($cur) stored on mySQL database.
The example below is input for a phone number (phone1).

This example stores the 10-digit phone number into variable $c:
$c=$cur->phone1['descr'];

If I use $key to capture the property to be checked ('phone1'), the
following stores null:
$b=$cur->$key['descr'];

Any help on understanding why $cur->$key['descr'] is not synonymous with
$cur->phone1['descr'] when $key='phone1' would be a help!

Best Regards -

Rick
rick at click-rick.net
201.755.4083