[nycphp-talk] Php off root

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Mon Jan 26 12:22:00 EST 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Michele Waldman wrote:

> So, anyway for anyone that I caused concern for the solution for me is keep
> code off webroot and in webroot just include those file.  Worries over.  Bad
> sys admin or no.

Yeah, generally code that doesn't need to be opened in a browser, doesn't
need to be in the webroot (and that means include files too!). Im working
a lot with symfony these days, and the only file in the webroot is the
single entrypoint via index.php.

> For a new programmer, Chris's book is chalked full of good info.  Straight
> to the code.  No fluff.

I think you're preaching to the converted perhaps? :-)

--
Aj.