[nycphp-talk] What OS support helps most?

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Sat Jan 31 15:10:54 EST 2009

What could you tell the OS/hardware/infrastructure support folks that
would help make you more productive?

As great as PHP and Joomla are, there tends to be a divide in the folks
who build the applications and those who support the servers the
applications run on. My paid work is at the server level (Red
Hat/Solaris) and I'm betting there are things my side could do better.

What would help you be more productive? What could keep things clear and
clean so we all get to spend the weekends with family? How can the
server teams contribute to environment sustainability?

Leam