[nycphp-talk] where in filesystem to install php application

Konstantin Rozinov krozinov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:44:17 EDT 2009

If you're installing linux packages/apps into /usr/local, which is
most common, it's highly recommended to use gnu stow to manage them.

I create /usr/local/stow dir....install all my linux packages there
(apache, php, mysql, etc)...and then do a simple `stow -v
package_dir/` from /usr/local/stow.

If I have to get a new version, I do `stow -Dv old_package_dir/` and
relink the new package....

saves time, and keeps everything organzied, and no need to delete
older versions (but u can if u want to)