[nycphp-talk] So what do people use to parse RSS these days?

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:39:07 EDT 2009

I'm thinking of adding twitter feeds to three new websites I launched:

http://lmsotfy.com
http://lmsftfy.com
http://lmsutfy.com

They all have twitter accounts, and I plan on having them keep a
twitter ticker of what people have searched for on the sites (with no
referencing data of course).

I was thinking I can use libcurl to update the tweets, but I'd also
like to make them viewable via a popup div in the webpage. Last time I
parsed RSS I used magpie, which worked fine and still has a lot of
google juice. However, is there something better? The last magpie
release was in 2005.

Regards,

Justin Dearing