[nycphp-talk] Learned one CMS and want to move on.

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Tue Jul 28 07:05:12 EDT 2009

Ajai Khattri wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Kristina D. H. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Although I think these days it's more like, learn the stuff on your own
>> time and your own dime, and then beg management to let you work on it.
>> And this could have some drawbacks, most notably more work in the
>> aggregate, since the ol' Drupal stuff isn't going anywhere...
>
> Sad but true, it often ends up as training on your own time. But
> developers that are unhappy for a long time usually end up leaving - its
> amazing that management never sees that. Give developers a great
> environment and they will bend over backwards and give their all.

True, same applies for QA professionals who get paid half of what developers
get and support gets often just half of that - besides being as skilled, but
differently skilled as developers. And that just doesn't apply only to
software companies. Any place where employees are considered nothing more than
"human capital" folks end up leaving....assuming they have a place to go.

David