[nycphp-talk] Best Cell Phone for a PHP Programmer

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:28:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Anthony Wlodarski<ant92083 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes but your chances of getting an app published are slim to none with an
> iPhone.  I find this to be true as the big G was denied this morning.
> http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/28/google-voice-iphone-app-rejected-current-gv-apps-lose-connectio/
>
> I own a Touch Pro.  When making web apps I tailor the standards to the
> minimum that that phone has (runs Opera too).
>
> -Anthony

You don't need to get approved by Apple if you're making web apps. Of
course, you won't be listed in the App Store, but as a silver lining
anyone with a browser and an internet connection will be able to use
your app.

I wonder how many App Store "native" apps are really HTML+JS "web"
apps and use Objective-C to display a WebKit view of local files? Like
Dashboard widgets, but for the phone. I know there is at least one
framework that makes this easy to do.