[nycphp-talk] Google Apps

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Tue Jul 28 21:08:25 EDT 2009

Ajai Khattri wrote:
> I dont have any problem using Google Docs, it has 90% of the features that
> most people use. You dont have to be a programmer to click on a toolbar
> that uses the same icons as Word or Excel. The biggest stumbling block to
> get past is the idea that your documents live in the cloud.

Cloud? The cloud is Google's servers and who knows what they do with that
data. "Do no harm" - what a bunch of Augenwischerei. And given that their
clouds are often enough unaccessible I would consider it as a backup for
casual use, but for nothing serious. If you want to stay mobile get OOo as
mobile app on a USB drive or just take a pen and paper, like people did it for
centuries.

David