[nycphp-talk] updating code from php 3 to 5.2.6: pity me!

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Fri Jun 5 14:37:57 EDT 2009

Just want you all to feel sorry for me for a second.

Once upon a time, in the days of PHP3, someone coded a site (ok, it was me).
Besides being a poster child for some of the world's worst practices, this
code presumes register_globals and does a  lot of other long-deprecated
things. At long last, I am migrating to  a new host and updating to PHP5.
And discovering, for example, that there's no such thing as HTTP_POST_VARS
any more.  I am also introducing a nifty new language construct knowns as
'foreach.' Gonna to be doing a lot of grepping and perl -i -p -e '/bad
code/good code/g' today.

End of whine.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness