[nycphp-talk] the stale V in MVC web apps

Brent Baisley brenttech at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:34:46 EST 2009

Use AJAX instead to refresh just the part of the page that needs
refreshing. If it's a fair chunk of information, you set a "version"
on the server so the AJAX call just checks the current version vs it's
version. If it's different, then you refresh the content. If it's not
different, no need to refresh anything and you only did a light weight
server call, so you could do it every 15 seconds.

Brent Baisley