[nycphp-talk] Apache is killing me.

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:58:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Rob Marscher
<rmarscher at beaffinitive.com> wrote:

> Is it running but not processing requests?  Or is it no longer running?
>  Maybe it's rotating log files but doesn't start back up properly?
>  Otherwise, maybe some type of odd segmentation fault?

I am pretty sure it is running, but as soon as I found the issue, I
restarted it immediately, so I can't say for sure.  There is nothing
in either the syslog or apache logs that is illuminating.  The only
thing that is obvious is the lack anything in the logs during the time
apache was not working.

I rotate the logs manually (probably not the best idea), but it can't
be a log rotate issue.

Any advice on what I should do before restarting apache the next time
it happens?

> On Mar 11, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Yitzchak Schaffer wrote:
>>
>> Hrmm, did you check the server's log files from the time of the
>> crash/shutdown?  What's the OS?
>
> Yeah, syslog might have something.

Nothing unusual there.