[nycphp-talk] Zend Server CE...?

David Mintz vtbludgeon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:57:22 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Paul A Houle <paul at devonianfarm.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM, David Mintz <david at davidmintz.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Anybody have any thoughts or experience with "Zend Server Community
>>> Edition:
>>> Production-ready, Integrated PHP Stack for Non-critical Applications?"
>>>

>>   It would be pretty tough to make a PHP environment that's more reliable
> and maintainable than good 'old mod_php running on Apache.

I guess that's what kinda has me scratching my head. Bundle together the
latest greatest production-quality releases of all these venerable OS
products and then say "here, take your chances."

I notice the Windows edition is bundled with MySQL but the Linux flavor is
not. Some legal nuance happening there no doubt.

I downloaded and installed out of curiosity. It sports a sexy "dashboard."

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness