[nycphp-talk] Implementing Version Control

y2rob at aol.com y2rob at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 11:56:26 EDT 2009

 i think that git/github is the best version control since sliced bread, not that the 2 are related :)? git is awesome though.? for group collaboration you can't do much better when it comes to merging, conflicts and omg branching!!

in terms of their gui, it's not quite as robust, but it gets the job done and let's face it, if you're using svn or cvs, you have to know some command line because most likely you need to update staging servers with your code edits in order to test against other developer's code, whom are collaborating to the same project.? if you're a windows user who is also a developer, you should be developing on a mac - the best of both worlds and the future of development.

~rob