[nycphp-talk] CakePHP and Routing to Specific URLs

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:25:06 EDT 2009

OK, so I'm almost done with getting the basics of this site done so
that we can switch to the new server next week, but I have one
pressing issue.

I have PHPMyAdmin installed on the server at this address:
http://www.example.com/phpmyadmin/

When I try to access it, I get this:

===============================

You are seeing this error because controller PhpmyadminController
could not be found.
Notice: If you want to customize this error message, create
app/views/errors/missing_controller.thtml.
Fatal: Create the class below in file :
app/controllers/phpmyadmin_controller.php

<?php
class PhpmyadminController extends AppController {
   var $name = 'Phpmyadmin';
}
?>

So how do I tell Cake to ignore requests for the phpmyadmin directory?
I added this to the .htaccess, but to no avail:

RewriteRule ^phpmyadmin/(.+)?$ phpmyadmin/$1 [L]

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications