[nycphp-talk] [fw-general] Survey: Development environment for PHP/ZFW

Joelle Tegwen tegwe002 at umn.edu
Wed May 6 10:47:35 EDT 2009

1 Ubuntu - upgrading to Jaunty today. :)
2 localhost with separate test and production servers
3 Eclipse with PHPEclipse and XMLBuddy
4 svn
5 A custom written debug script (to format things the right way) I've
installed xdebug but not used it. Just started using PHPUnit this
project and loving it although I'm not so good at testing as I go. I
tried TDD but I have to learn too much about how to write testable code
first.

I'll agree with the sub-thread on how to write good tests. It's really
tricky. But I figure if I start with writing any tests at least that's
progress. It's helped me clean up my code a lot.

Joelle