[nycphp-talk] databases with PHP

Anthony Wlodarski ant92083 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:42:38 EDT 2009

Same here, I am still a "noob" to the SQL game but I prefer PostgreSQL over
MySQL.  The one thing I do find rewarding is that at the end of the day I
can watch PostgreSQL run circles around MySQL in regards to performance.
But those nice to haves are missed that make MySQL user friendly for the
majority of the community (example: multiple inserts in one SQL statement,
for Postgres you would have to loop to process all your inserts).

Here is an example of a convenience that is not yet built into PostgreSQL
(and if it is please correct me as I am using 8.1.1).

INSERT INTO x (a,b)
VALUES
 ('3', 'three')

-Anthony