[nycphp-talk] PHP Freelance Sites

Hans C. Kaspersetz hans at cyberxdesigns.com
Thu May 28 17:18:21 EDT 2009

Hmm.......  I just typed up the following response and realized you want the
other side of the equation.   Dur...  Here is my response anyway.

I have not done it for PHP work, but I have for .NET.  I ended up sub-ing a
bunch of work out to people in Malaysia using http://www.rentacoder.com.  I
thought the interface was intuitive and effective.  I had no problems using
the escrow system and the transactions went smoothly.

I sought out the coders with the HIGHEST feedback and then gave them work in
progressive amounts.  I made sure their communication, English, skills were
sufficient to communicate and that they delivered work on time and feature
complete.  This of course was dependent on me delivering complete
specifications with reasonable and clear expectations assigned.

I had a lot of luck this way and would do it again for .NET work and if I
got desperate, I might do it for PHP.  Though because we have a pretty deep
talent pool here, I shouldn't be forced into that position.

On a separate but related note, if you are interested in sub-ing PHP jobs,
drop me an email off-list and I will take a look at your work and add you to
the pool.

Hans K

Ecommerce sites, portals, and promotional web sites built by the New Jersey
web design company Cyber X Designs.
http://www.cyberxdesigns.com
hans at cyberxdesigns.com

  _____