[nycphp-talk] $_SESSION, Logout, and Shared Host

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at ncc.edu
Wed Nov 4 21:19:43 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Tim Lieberman <tim_lists at o2group.com> wrote:

> It sounds like both applications are running on the same domain.  If that's
> not the case, something else is going on.

They are running on the same domain.

> You have a couple of options, none of which might make you happy.
>
> 1) In your app, use a custom session name (session_name('MYSESSID') before
> you call session_start()).

Judging from the errors I got, it seems like I may have to do that before
*every* call to session_start(), which is Big Oh of the amount of work in
adding a layer to $_SESSION.

> This should work nicely, unless you need to share session data with your
> colleage's appication.

No, we need to not share data with each other -- if you're submitting
assignments in ITE 101, you don't want to accidentally overwrite what you
already submitted for CSC 101, for example.

> However, a global find/replace to replace $_SESSION with
> $_SESSION['someKey'] will probably do the trick, and not be too painful.

Yeah, I can do that with find, xargs, and sed.  Thanks for the advice.
-c